.: Design Your Experience :.

Today I want to highlight the importance of a good design and user experience. It is common sense, everybody knows a good UX is essential, but are we really given it the attention it deserves?

To be honest, when I am creating something I do not pay much attention to it. I just do what is obvious to me and focus on completing the task at my hands. I have a plan and I execute it, so the analysis in between is postponed until I begin testing. It is then I start to feel the features as a user and review my work with critical eyes. To shape the product created to fit the user expectations, that's the idea.

You can see the UX evolve in apps you download and that is something time matures. The Google+ app is a good example. In the current version I feel the usability much better than when I first used it. So it is important to make your code fluid. It needs to evolve!

The idea of creating an app and then assume the work is over is to think old style. There is not a "final" release. We need to change constantly and so these squared ideas. I am not saying the first release should be buggy or ugly, on the contrary! The first impression is very, very important!

All iOS developers can find an excelent guide described in this document: (link).

Android developers can also find excelent material here: (link).

This subject is amazingly rich and there are plenty of stuff I still want to write and share, but if you are an iOS developer you should also try to read the Android guide and vice versa. I am developer of both platforms and I learned a lot from both guides. They are really usefull!

These two rich material deserves to be revisited another day and confronted with each other, so see you later!

.: Post a Comment :.